Considering selling your home? One of the most important factors in selling your home is putting yourself in the buyers shoes. Easier said than done, right?
- Set your price- Take a little time to see what is available out there on the market. Just like when you shop for a car or even groceries, 2 main factors affect your decision Price & Quality.
- Make small fixes- Inspect your home with a buyer’s eyes, and correct the flaws that are most obvious or can be relatively easily done—from repairing cracks in the walkways, repainting dingy walls, or oiling creaky hinges.
- Clean and organize- It is hard for a buyer to imagine themselves living in your home if there is not room for them. Move out extra furniture and decorations so that the home seems more spacious.
- Stay Vigilant- When your home is on the market stay on top of maintenance, repairs, lawn mowing, and keeping rooms spotless. Small things like this are often a key factor in turning off buyers
- Be Prepared- Be ready to show your home. Small touches like displaying fresh flowers, fruit, the smell of freshly baked cookies, opening the window treatments, keeping pets out of sight, and remaining quiet in the background can make a major impact in allowing buyers to be sold on your home. Also, remember to hide your small valuables, although they are buyers, which is what the goal. In most cases they are strangers and in some cases small children can have sticky fingers too!
For more tips on selling your home Check out these videos.
Preparing your home for sale - Getting a house ready for sale
9 Simple Things Can Help Sell Your House
Staging Your Home to Sell for Top Dollar
For more videos check out our Youtube channel under sellers tips!